2018 KIDS FARM CAMP REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
- 2018 KIDS FARM CAMP
Farm to Table Kids is so excited to welcome young farm friends to Farm Camp for another awesome summer at the farm! Farm Camp will offer 8 weeks of programs throughout the summer months for 5-12 year olds. Each week long session will be hosted by Stephanie McDonough of Farm to Table Kids. Stephanie has been farming with children for 8 years and it is her passion and love in life. She is thrilled to welcome children to the farm this summer to get their hands dirty and open their minds to the endless possibilities of summer on the farm!
Farm Camp days are full, hands-on, real work inwill be full of adventure, hands-on-education, fun with farm friends, and an emphasis on healthy harvest choices. The farm is a vegetable farm with a giant green house, hoop houses, 56 acres of land to explore and a gorgous hiking trail part of the Royal River Land Trust A day at the farm will include morning yoga to welcome our farmers, then at morning meeting we will set the chores for the day (planting, weeding, harvesting), after chores children will harvest their own organic healthy snack from the garden, and in the afternoon the children will find shade in the tree-covered hiking trails of the forest or make crafts under our meeting tent to sell each Friday at The Farmstand. On the last day of each Farm Camp week the kids will be responsible for making their own farm stand. All kids love to play "store" and by opening our doors to their creativity for them to sell flowers they harvest, berries they pick, or crafts they made during the week, we are empowering them to feel like farmers, stewards of our land and active members of our community (proceeds from the Kids Farmstand will be donated to food insecure families in our community). We are thrilled to farm with young members of our community and look forward to seeing you on the farm this summer!
Kids Farm Camp Details:
- Open to ages 5-12
- Cost $260/week
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 3:30pm
(after hours care available 3:30-5:00pm $10/hour/child)
July 9 (almost full)
July 16 (almost full)
July 30 (almost full)
SKYLINE FARM ADDRESS: 95 THE LANE, NORTH YARMOUTH, MAINE
special 2018 Farm camp announcements:
This year Farm to Table Kids Camp has the wonderful opportunity to design our gardens with the children as our number one focus group. Here is a sneak peek of what little farmers can expect this summer at Farm Camp: (YAAYY!)
- pole bean tee-pees and huts
- sunflower circles around picnic blankets for snack
- a hoop house with snap dragons, lisianthus and tables and chairs for arts and crafts
- a new slide has just been donated to place into our hugelkultur (google-garden) hilltop along with other natural playground features
- and our 72-foot greenhouse is presently undergoing a major renovation to be updated to include a hands-on classroom and area for food-prep so children can enjoy the fruits and veggies of their labor!
- soap making with herbs and flower petals
- bees wax candle stick making
- visit to the farm with the BABY GOATS!!!
- butter churning with herbs
- berry smoothies
- and always, always, farm to table snack making :)